Student apartments are built around all major University and College localities and offer the benefits of an all inclusive setup, ready for you to move right in.
What are Managed Student Apartments?
Generally student apartments are purpose-built accommodation where the entire block is dedicated to housing anywhere from 100 to 400 students.
The setup ranges from single or twin rooms with shared kitchen and bathroom to shared apartments with 4 or 5 other students or your own one room apartment.
Most Student Apartments offer:
- All utilities connected including internet
- Bedroom furnished with a bed, mattress, wardrobe, study desk and chair.
- Kitchen and bathroom with major appliances
- Communal laundry facilities
- Air-conditioning and heating
- 24 hour security and support staff on-site
- Social and study events and activities
- Study areas
- Recreation areas: television, gaming, cinema rooms; outdoor areas, BBQS, gyms, table tennis etc.
Positives of living in Student Accommodation:
- Convenience! Everything is setup for you to move in.
- Great community feel
- More independence than living in a residential college while enjoying security and support
- A more expensive accommodation option
- Space can be limited
- Sharing communal spaces can be challenging
Depending on the apartment the cost will vary. You can expect to pay between $200 and $500 a week – this generally includes your utilities like water, gas, power and sometimes internet.
Tips for finding the right Student Accommodation for you:
Facilities & house rules vary with premises so make sure you read all the details when you are looking for your new home. Make sure you read all the FAQs on the options that you are researching.
- What are the bond & lease conditions?
- Extra costs like internet etc
- What you may need to supply – linen, towels, crockery, utensils etc?
- What are the house rules – visitors, curfews etc?
- Locality – is it an area that you wish to live?