Not every night can be a ‘big-night-out’.
And besides, there are so many things to do in this wonderful world that don’t involve alcohol!
So without further ado, here are 29 awesome things you can do without drinking.
Get out into nature…
1. Go camping
2. Go stargazing at an observatory
3. Find a beautiful spot to sit and watch the sunset (or the sunrise)
4. Check out a night tour at your local zoo or aquarium
5. Go for a walk on a night trail
6. Watch a meteor shower
Take in some culture
7. Take a night tour of a museum or art gallery. There’s something extra special about an exhibition at night
8. Go to an open-mic event and check out some up and coming comics
9. Enjoy some fresh air and a film at a moonlight cinema
10. Get to know your host city with a cultural or historical tour
11. Watch live music
Enjoy some sport
12. Watch a sporting event – there’s always something on in Australia.
13. Have a group (or solo) workout. Head to the gym or go for a jog around your local park
14. Put together your own sports team. There are heaps of sports that require minimal equipment that you can play down at the local park; think soccer, cricket or handball…
15. Play an indoor sport; there’s dodgeball, rollerblading, ice skating, mini-golf, bowling…
Party at home
16. Host a themed movie night
17. Organise a scavenger hunt
18. Have a video game party
19. Have a pet party – get all your best friends ‘best friends’ together and let them play
20. Attempt a crazy cooking challenge – try that insanely complicated dessert or pasta you’ve been meaning to make.
21. Invite friends over and swap your stuff – you can exchange book, textbooks, music, movies, clothes – whatever you like.
Get your game on!
22. Compete with friends at an arcade game night
23. Host a board game or cards night
24. Go to a trivia contest
25. Try to beat an Escape Room
26. Try karaoke – the truly brave can do it without a drink!
Expand your horizons
27. Take a night class. Think; cooking, night photography, painting, pottery…
28. Volunteer. Help out at a community event or food kitchen.
29. Ask friends to name some things you want to try before they leave Australia. You’re bound to wind up with a highly original itinerary!
For Dry Nights Activities specific to your city, check out our capital city guides: