Not every night has to be a ‘big night out’. There are so many things to do in this wonderful country that don’t involve a single drop of alcohol!
So, without further ado, here are 29 awesome things you can do without drinking.
*Check the current restrictions in your state on gatherings and indoor and outdoor capacity limits to make sure you’re meeting up with friends and participating in activities safely.
Get out into nature
1. Go camping.
2. Go stargazing at an observatory.
3. Find a beautiful spot to sit and watch the sunset (or the sunrise).
4. Check out a night tour at your local zoo or aquarium.
5. Go for a walk on a night trail.
6. Watch a meteor shower.
Take in some culture
7. Take a night tour of a museum or art gallery. There’s something extra special about an exhibition at night!
8. Go to an open-mic event and check out some up and coming comics.
9. Enjoy some fresh air and a film at a moonlight cinema.
10. Get to know your host city with a cultural or historical tour.
11. Watch live music.
Enjoy some sport
12. Watch a sporting event – there’s always something on in Australia!
13. Have a group (or solo) workout. Head to the gym or go for a jog around your local park.
14. Put together your own sports team. There are plenty of sports that require minimal equipment that you can play at the local park. Think soccer, cricket, handball and much more!
15. Play an indoor sport. There’s dodgeball, rollerblading, ice skating, mini-golf, bowling…
Party at home
16. Host a themed movie night.
17. Organise a scavenger hunt.
18. Have a video game party.
19. Have a pet party – get all your best friends’ furry friends together and let them play.
20. Attempt a crazy cooking challenge. Try that insanely complicated dessert or pasta you’ve been meaning to make.
21. Invite friends over and swap your stuff. You can exchange books, textbooks, music, movies, clothes – whatever you like.
Get your game on!
22. Compete with friends at an arcade game night.
23. Host a board game or cards night.
24. Go to a trivia contest.
25. Try to beat an escape room.
26. Try karaoke – the truly brave can do it without a drink!
Expand your horizons
27. Take a night class. Think cooking, night photography, painting, pottery…
28. Volunteer. Help out at a community event or food kitchen.
29. Ask friends to name some things you want to try before they leave Australia. You’re bound to wind up with a highly original itinerary!
For alcohol-free activities specific to your city, check out our capital city guides:
Need to pay your share of dinner, an activity or any other group expenses? Osko supercharges your bank transfers so you can send and receive money in less than a minute between banks, even on weekends. Check to see if your bank offers Osko – osko.com.au/osko-your-bank