There are over 200 million people on Instagram posting an average 70 million photos each day. For newcomers to a city, Instagram acts as a barometer of the best and most popular places to visit. From iconic tourist attractions to stunning landscapes and hidden bars, more and more snap-happy travellers are looking to Instagram for a dose of #travel #inspo.
So, which Aussie attractions get the most hashtag love?
10. Sydney Tower, New South Wales
9. Cradle Mountain, Tasmania
8. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland
7. Queen Victoria Building, Sydney
6. The Twelve Apostles, Victoria
5. Manly Beach, New South Wales
4. Uluru, Northern Territory
3. Sydney Opera House, New South Wales
2. Bondi Beach, New South Wales
1. Sydney Harbour Bridge, New South Wales
YHA Australia is part of the world’s largest backpacker accommodation network, Hostelling International (HI), providing more than 4,000 YHA hostels in 90 countries around the world. Book your backpackers hostel with YHA here.